Sunday, June 1, 2008

a long way here


I've arrived. My group of volunteers and I are staying high up in the mountains in cabins for a few days before we begin living with families. The country is quite beautiful, mountaineous, green, lots of wildflowers. I have almost no time to write and use the internet, this is a quickie..... there are people waiting in line behind me and our transport leaves soon. We all just met the other 80 volunteers who were whooping excited to see all of us. All is good, I'm signing off but will write and post pictures sooner than later....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool... I can't wait to see pictures. glad that "all is good". keep it up.

Anonymous said...

glad you got there.Remember where home is.Must have been a very long trip.Cant wait to hear from you .will ck your blog every day.Cant wait for pictures.Think positive and along the way miss us all a little,oma

avocadogreen said...

glad you made it there safely!! i ran into my armenian friend today, and she told me to tell you to email her if you need anything or have any questions!! post pictures of the country when you get a chance -- my friend says it's really beautiful (she's not baised! ;) and she says there are some great monasteries on top of those mountains!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to viewing more of your photo journalism of Armenia and really glad you made it there safely. Sounds like it is a pretty area of the world to see. Was there a contradiction of journalism below the bleak photo of the room? I guess because you were writing of how beautiful and green the mountains were, I was looking for a picture of the mountains. Anything between the lines?

Anonymous said...

I miss you! I am so proud of you and can't wait to see more pictures and hear about everything you are doing!!! Marianna