Friday, June 19, 2009

campers

I have a bunch of kid pictures from Armenia now because the kids are the light of this experience. They're pretty much the only people who you can make laugh and they're also the ones who are open to differences, even as curious as they are about you. The Armenian children are fun and I've enjoyed teaching, playing, and being at their level in the schools and out of the schools. From time to time they'll come knock at my door to come see what I'm up to, take a long look around my house and all the things I have inside, and marvel at the fact that I live alone. I will be working in Peace Corps Armenia's annual Green Camps this entire month of July helping teach young children about the environment. There is nothing they love more than to watch you act like a kid yourself.

No comments: