Wednesday, November 25, 2009

give thanks


Last night our group of 75 volunteers came together to cook up a Thanksgiving day feast. The menu was straight up - traditional turkey, dressing, and pie. And it was a great dinner, anything that is off the beaten path of Armenian cuisine usually is. I like to think of these people, in a way, as my family right now. We share the same struggles, rejoice in the same small victories, laugh about the same absurd differences in culture, and live in a place that can be harsh and lonely. I am thankful for them as much as I am for the friends and family I have home in America who have shown me love and support in the same kind ways. I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Brett Holt said...

Thanks for sharing your stories and excellent photographs. These are some of the best I've seen from PC Armenia volunteers. My wife and I served in Alverdi from 2004-2005 (A12). We're now in Seattle, WA. Keep sharing and have a great time.

Brett

Patrick Cavan Brown said...

happy thanksgiving!