Monday, February 1, 2010

the femme scene

I feel like I've been here forever now, and finding interesting pictures is sometimes a challenge. So I have decided to skip out on some of my assigned work and take on a project about the attitude towards beauty in Armenia. I have been re-introduced to the American attitude and style regarding beauty just by being the outsider here. In general, I would say we (Americans) don't put a huge priority on our appearances and in some cases go out of our way to look like a slob. Never the case in Armenia. My torn jeans hardly get worn and when they do I have to admit to feeling slightly embarrassed. It's is something that I notice almost everyday - my outfit vs. their outfit. It's very cultural. I hope to have some good ones in the coming months.

No comments: