Monday, February 22, 2010

lost in thought



I'm really digging black and white photos lately - maybe it's because of the very insipid weather of gray skies and leafless trees, but it just feels right right now. These are some photos I took when we were shooting for our International Women's Day project in the village of Getap. We only ended up using the top image from my side of images taken, but I still like these and think they add up to something very contemplative about this woman. She stared off in thought a lot when we were there and I couldn't help watching and finding some beauty in it.

4 comments:

Brent said...

LOVE these.

Patrick Cavan Brown said...

Bed shot: beautiful!

John said...

I feel you on the black and whites, especially because of the gray days. I just put up a Facebook album (I can't believe I didn't have you as a Facebook friend by now) from the Aragats trip I took, and of all of them, my favorite still was the one that was shot in full color but ended up being almost purely black and white (outside of a bit of blue up in the sky) because those were almost the only colors of my surroundings.

John said...

Let me know when y'all are going and I'll almost surely join you.