Wednesday, June 9, 2010

care for a smoke?

A month or two ago, I can't exactly remember - time is something that escapes me here, Jon and I went for a long walk around Yeghenadzor. We happened to come across this old man and proceeded to get pleasantly drunk with him while he talked our ears off about his life. He poured us homeade vodka, 3 or 4 shots too many, and more or less forced us to drink with him. I watched him talk to a rapidly buzzed Jon while I tried to successfully focus as many pictures as possible, but only one or two came out clear (I have no idea why). We left laughing hard at ourselves and kept talking about how cool and beautiful this old man was. He had a face I briefly fell in love with, and something about his nature was familiar. It's on my list of things to do before leaving....come back to see this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When u leavin? Whatcha gonna do? Where u gonna go?

circle me confused said...

Leaving July 23, taking some time in Tbilisi and London before getting home. School and work in Tejas for at least 2 years, then heading West or abroad again for sure. Other than those plans, who knows. Like it's said here, "life will show." I hope all is well with you, in love and adventure. p.

mom said...

I think its his eyes that are so easy to keep looking at. He has alot of "life" to his face and in his eyes. I bet he COULD tell alot of tales!