Monday, June 21, 2010

sheep jam

I scanned this photo in, that's why it looks a little.....ancient. I've passed a lot of these traffic jams of livestock in the last 2 years, and have always wanted to get a picture. They walk these animals not on small roads, but on the main highways (if you could call them that) through the country. The semi trucks coming from Iran and all kinds of varying degrees of cars must wait and honk to get through this domestic force of a sight. No one thinks it's cool, the drivers are annoyed they have to slow down and weave through animal traffic as are the passengers who make these "ugh"and "aiygh" noises. So this is it, and this particular time there must have been about 4 or 5 hundred sheep on the road. Even the people who scanned this photo in for me asked me why I took this picture. And then they laugh when I tell them how interesting I think it is.

No comments: