Saturday, January 9, 2010

project assistance





I have spent the last day and a half with cinematographer and Fulbright Scholar Thomas Burns, helping him with his project here by translating a little and introducing him to some nice people I know. Thomas is "producing a collection of black-and-white photographs that use techniques of portraiture to explore narratives of social transformation in the South Caucasus." I had a great time watching him work and learning more about his future exhibition. These are some of my pictures from the duration of the last day. Thomas is a great guy - very down to earth about photography and what he's doing. I'm looking forward to seeing his project on the wall soon. www.thomasburns.net (p.s. Also a fellow Texan, born and raised in Austin!)

1 comment:

duff said...

Actually, I like the mug hanging on the post on the wall. Its simple linear affect with just a subtle amount of color to focus on the mug. I like it.