Tuesday, March 9, 2010

future designers

The faces of some design students I am teaching this semester. Although all of these kids like computers I can tell you that maybe only 4 wanted to be in the design department and have a real interest in art and design. It's a weird system and I don't ask too many questions that would further reveal the weirdness of it - I just teach what I can. So I (with the help of my pal Emily Haas) am teaching the baby steps of Photoshop to them. I hardly know my #$@ from second base about using Photoshop, but I too am learning as I go which is a win win for us all. I took their pictures last week, and hope to have them recreate this canvas lesson for the next class. You know a fraction about something here, and great! ...you can teach a whole semester of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Prince tradition continues, even in Armenia. Not knowing @#** about something, but acting as if thoough you know it all. The fine art of bull*&#@. Your grandfather and uncle would be very proud!