Saturday, March 6, 2010

touching you?

This is Kristine, she is an English language student studying to become a teacher. Every time I see her she tries to get me to come to her family's house for coffee, or help her translate something for class like To Kill A Mockingbird ("aw shucks Jim" - that kind of stuff is puzzling). I took her picture today, while thinking back on the first time she tried to tell me that she wanted to keep in touch with me, to call me for things like English help. Obviously she had heard the phrase somewhere although it tumbled out of her mouth, "Paige, I want to be touching you." We were already sitting so close on the bus, I was lost. For a second. And then I laughed. Yes, I know you do Kristine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Studying To Kill a Mockingbird in Armenia to learn better English. "Land sake", the southern phrases would no doubt be confusing for her, just as they probably are for many youngsters in America today that did not have the fortune of growing up in the southern states, like Texas. I can still hear Big Mama say "my hind leg" everytime I read that book. Classic book, great story and pic.
Papa

Karen Jane said...

Good to see your sense of humor is quite intact.

Karen Jane said...

Good to see your sense of humor is still quite intact.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!