Wednesday, May 5, 2010

going home

lkl

I just got home from the last conference, thank God, of my Peace Corps service. It was mostly a load of paperwork to be completed and information about life after this: jobs, readjusting to American life, etc. I recorded a few of my fellow volunteers who haven't been home in 2 years on what they were most looking forward to about it. Home is a concept, it is more than a permanent address or even a country of familiarity - and unlike some volunteers who are anxious as hell to get Home, I feel like I will be leaving Home to find and create another one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are YOU most looking forward to about returning "home" or at least back to the states?

circle me confused said...

starting over with a new dog.

John said...

"I feel like I will be leaving Home to find and create another one. "

This is right on how I feel. I constantly refer to my little pad here in Vanadzor as home, and mean it. I'll miss it, but it will be fun and interesting to make a new home somewhere else.