Thursday, May 6, 2010

mother & daughter

This is my friend Arusyik, and her daughter Angelina. I'm at their house a lot, particularly in their blue kitchen watching the window light on faces drinking tea or eating something. I've taken many pictures of this family - they are my best Armenian friends. I was immediately hooked on their home environment the first few times and have had to come back since: the phone always ringing, someone usually crying, the door being opened and closed a thousand times, food laying out ready for someone else to graze on, people coming in and out and sporatic small parties over a half bottle of wine because it's Tuesday. It's the kind of home I hope to have someday - open to anyone, a little messy, full of the good things.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pic Paige. Parent child love and affection; the expressions may change with time, but not the love.

By the way, I don't think you'll have any trouble with the messy part of your home. And I hope the other parts come to pass as well.

Here's a kiss on your forehead,
Papa

Anonymous said...

can't wait to visit this future home :) bec

Anonymous said...

Oma said....
This sounds like the home you grew up in ,always open to everyone.
Sometime we forget what draws us to certain things only to realize that in our deep hidden memory, we are drawn to things that are familiar to us.We all will be glad to have you home, it is our turn now.

mom said...

This picture just makes my heart smile because I also know the love this mother feels for her child. I love you, Paige.