Thursday, May 6, 2010

river wild

It's been raining for forever now. I don't remember the last day of real sunshine - where it wasn't a half hour tease of warmth followed by the clouds taking over. The river near my house is raging. I love walking back there, and the last time I did I met these 10 year old boys who wanted to come with. We had a blast together - throwing rocks in the water to test the depth, jumping from one part to the next, soaking our shoes and pants. I never can get enough of water play time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, you've spent a lifetime playing in the water; the Clear Spring, the Blanco, the Marcos, and all those Texas lakes. I still have your picture on my desk of you jumping off the cliff at Canyon just before you landed in the Peace Corps, Armenia.
What a jump!
Papa